Terms and Conditions
- I agree to abide by the Event Rules and with the directions of the officials and their personnel.
- I will comply with all the directions given on the entry forms, emails, newsletters, confirmation letters, race pack information, pre-race safety briefings and course signage.
- I agree to allow the organizers and sponsors to use photographs, video and film taken during the event to advertise their products or to promote the event at no cost to the organizers and sponsors. No photographs, video and film taken during the event can be used by any party for commercial purposes without prior written consent by CJM'S Events Ltd.
- I understand that participation in this event is at my own risk and I accept full responsibility for obtaining adequate skills to negotiate and avoid the hazards on the course. Participants are required to obey New Zealand traffic law at all times while on public roads.
- I understand that the Race Organisers may alter the advertised course, race briefing or start times for safety or other reasons.
- I am fully responsible for my personal belongings at the event.
- I am in sound physical condition and health, capable of safely competing in the event, and am not aware of any medical condition to the contrary by participating,
- I accept all risks flowing from my participation that could result in loss of life or permanent injury or damage to property. Accordingly I release all persons or corporations associated directly or indirectly with the conduct of the event from all claims, demands and proceedings arising out of my participation and I hereby indemnify them against all liability for all injury, loss or damage arising out of or connected with any act or omission by me in the course of my participation in this event. This release shall extend to and include promoters, sponsors, the organizers of the event and their respective directors, partners, managers, officers, agents, contractors, employees and volunteers including medical and paramedical personnel appointed for the event, the owners, licensees and occupiers of land upon which the event or any part of it is conducted, any statutory body or local authority having control over any land upon which the event is conducted or which is directly or indirectly associated with the event in any manner whatsoever. This release and indemnity continues forever and binds my heirs, executors, personal representatives and assigns.
- There will be no refunds if you cannot participate in the event, but for a $20 fee you can transfer your entry to someone else or to another event of CJM'S Events Ltd. Transfers cannot be made after the Wednesday prior to the race. To transfer categories there is a $10 fee. You cannot sell or give your entry to someone else, it must be transferred via Active.
- Should the event have to be cancelled due to Force Majure, Disease or Pandemic there will be no refund of entry fee.
CJM'S Cancellation Insurance:Competitors do have the option of purchasing a CJM’S Cancellation Insurance when entering the event.
CJM’S Cancellation Insurance will refund your entry fee in case of cancellation of the event. This will cover the cancellation of the event for any reason including Force Majure, Disease or Pandemic.
When entering if you wish to purchase CJM’S Cancellation Insurance, you do so in the Merchandise section. If the event was to be cancelled, the amount of your entry fee is the amount that would be refunded. No Merchandise fee is refunded
Ride the Wilderness Race Rules:
- All competitors must attend and read the race briefing for your race. The Race Brief “Race Information” will be emailed to all competitors prior to the event, it must also be picked up with your Race pack and will be posted on facebook. There will also be a race day briefing immediately prior to start of your race.
- You must adhere to all marshals’ instructions at all times.
- I agree to display the supplied number on the front of my bike fixed to the handle bars and if required, stickers on the front and side of my cycle helmet. This is for finish line identification along with transponders.
- Mandatory Gear must be carried at all times if requested for the event. Any athlete found not to be carrying their mandatory gear will not be permitted to start. This is at the sole discretion of the Race Director and may result in disqualification if this gear is not carried during the event.
- All riders must keep to the route of the race.
- It is recommended that headphones/music is not used in the events as competitors have to have their senses to hear dangers and instructions from officials throughout the event. If headphones are worn, ensure that the volume is set at a level whereas surrounding sound can be heard.
- Cut off times may be put in place to ensure the safety of all and to ensure that everyone completes the event. If you don't reach the cut off points on the course by the required time or you are deemed unfit to continue the race from that point onward. All event staff have the right to withdraw a competitor if they don’t meet a cut off time.
- If a competitor doesn’t reach the Finish Line by a cut off time, they will be deemed to be a DNF and have no time recorded.
- Ride the Wilderness is on DOC land and private property. All your rubbish is to be removed and no littering throughout the route. What you take in you take out with you. There is to be no toiletry in the bush and competitors must use the toiletries on route if they need to.
- If seen littering or using the bush as a toilet you will be disqualified, plus potentially you could be banned from competing in any other of CJM’S Events Ltd’s events.
- Normal road rules apply throughout the ride. While there is a Traffic Management Plan in place, normal road rules should be obeyed as we cannot always control drivers of vehicles. Always be prepared to Stop.
· I understand that participation in this event is at my own risk and I accept full responsibility for obtaining adequate skills to negotiate and avoid the hazards on the course.
· I understand that the Race Organisers may alter the advertised course, race briefing or start times for safety or other reasons.
· I am fully responsible for my personal belongings at the event, whether this is in pre or post event transportation, to or from the Start.
· I am in sound physical condition and health, capable of safely competing in the event, and am not aware of any medical condition to the contrary.
· The Race Director reserves the right to withdraw any competitor they feel is not be capable of completing the event at any stage, for the health and safety of the competitor.
· Only registered riders are able take part in the event.
· There is no competing under someone else's name. This is not permitted, and results in disqualification from the race of both competitors and potentially you could be banned from competing in any other of CJM’S Events Ltd’s events.
Team Event specific race rules:
- The Team sections of Ride the Wilderness are in a relay format, either 2 or riders depending on the Race you’re doing
- Teams of 2 and 4 in the Epic with Changeovers for a 2-person Team at Cowboy Paradise and Team of 4 with changeovers at Hokitika, Cowboy Paradise and Kumara.
- Teams of 2 for the Classic with Changeover at Kumara.
- Once a Team Rider has finished their leg of the Race. They are not to continue on riding in the event.
- If a competitor pulls out of the race, the other team member cannot continue on in the race. All Team members have to finish the leg of the race they’re participating in.
E- Bike Standards:
· E-Bikes pedal assist can be ridden in the event. This will be a non-competitive category and have to be pedal assisted only. This is a rule that has to be respected. No E-Bikes with throttle assistance will be allowed to be ridden on the Trail and all E-Bikes to be under 300 watts. This criteria has been set by DOC with our concession and any breaches in this puts the event at risk for the future.
· When entering, enter the E-Bike section. (Non competitive).
CJM'S Events Ltd collects information about online customers including personal information when completing an entry from. If you choose not to provide personal information when requested, certain services or quality of services may not be available to you. If you do not provide us with this information then we may not be able to meet special needs or requests you may have.
CJM'S Events Ltd collects personal information for the following purposes:
to assist in providing quality services.
to communicate information to you about the event or future events.
to medical providers to assist in emergency situations.
to profile entrant information to the media.
CJM'S Events Ltd may disclose your contact details, name, occupation, city, nationality and resume to the media so that they may contact you for a media article.
CJM'S Events Ltd may disclose your name, city, nationality and resume in entry lists or on cycle bibs.
Otherwise CJM'S Events Ltd will not allow third parties access to your information without your approval.
You may request CJM'S Events Ltd to access and correct your information. If at any time you are unsure of how to correct your information please contact us.
Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act:
As a CJM’S Events LTD customer we assume that you wish to receive matters of interest to you by electronic communication. If you would rather not receive emails or e-txt's from us in the future please email or text us with "UNSUBCRIBE" in the subject line. If you do unsubscribe before an event it will proof difficult for you to receive important race information and we recommend if you do unsubscribe it is best to do so after an event.